This fitness blog is designed with busy people in mind. For so many reasons, it is important to make fitness a priority,
but not everyone feels as though they can incorporate it into a packed schedule. Here, you will find ways to lead a healthy
lifestyle, despite being busy.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Got 10 Minutes?


10 minute sessions
throughout the day adds up

When you can’t fit in a 60-minute workout, that’s okay. SparkPeople says we need to get rid of the “all or nothing” mentality when it comes to exercise. Multiple 10-minute workouts throughout the day can be just as beneficial to our health and our fitness plans. Of course, these multiple 10-minute workouts add up throughout the day, so keep that in mind when you think that 10 minutes just isn’t enough to make any differences.

SparkPeople recommends you follow a similar schedule to the one below for your 10-minute workout:

1-2 minutes – warm up (include stretching)
7 minutes – medium to high-intensity workout
1 minute – cool down (include stretching)

When I know I will not have enough time to do my workout in one session, I like to do some of the following things:

For strength:
+ Use resistance tubes
+ Push-ups
+ Lunges

For cardio:
+ Climb stairs
+ Stationary bike
+ Treadmill

Just remember, every bit counts. 

9 comments:

  1. I am not a friend of the gym, but i going to start using the stars instead of the elevator, that would be my workout challenge. I am agree with you, every bit counts! Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips Catherine. You are living proof that you can balance it all. Very credible source. I give you credit because I am not this productive in 10 minutes, but you have inspired me! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I am terrible when it comes to working out, I barely ever do it but my goal is to start once school is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could also afford to be more committed to working out, and I really like how you simplified it down to 10-minute intervals here. As busy as we all say we are, who honestly can't find 10 minutes to help your body a little? This seems like a good takeoff point for people interested in getting into working out, but just don't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you put it this way - you're right, I really don't have an excuse. I'll try to keep this in mind especially on days that I'm on the computer for a long time. It's probably a really good idea to get up and move around a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips Catherine. I really need to stop making excuses for not exercising. Ten minutes really isn't very long, I'm sure that I'll be able to motivate myself to complete this workout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that your tips are realistic and easy to fit into any schedule...

    I do not always have the time to hit up a gym for hours so this is a good idea to save time and still get in a workout. Thanks Catherine!

    ReplyDelete