This fitness blog is designed with busy people in mind. For so many reasons, it is important to make fitness a priority,
but not everyone feels as though they can incorporate it into a packed schedule. Here, you will find ways to lead a healthy
lifestyle, despite being busy.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beat Stress


Stress has an incredible hold on our bodies. We all show stress in different ways: upset stomachs, muscle pain and exhaustion. But what might be news is that stress can also hinder an individual’s weight loss efforts. In fact, according to the American Journal of Epidemiology, stress can actually contribute to weight gain.

Medical News Today suggests that one reason this may happen is because when an individual is stressed, he/she may change eating habits – which can ultimately lead to weight gain.

I know you’re all ready very busy, but I encourage you spend time each day doing something to relieve stress. I have made a list of six stress reduction activities for your consideration.  
 
Six ways to relieve stress:
+ Take a walk with a friend
+ Schedule weekly massage sessions
+ Maintain a regular sleep schedule
+ Sing (and dance) along with music
+ Take a vacation
+ Participate on a leisure sports team

Thankfully, exercise is an excellent way to reduce stress, so continue on with your fitness and nutrition plan regardless of how stressed you are at any given time. 

3 comments:

  1. I always find when I am stressed that walking is the best for me. I tend to either go on a walk just listening to music or with a friend. It gets rid of excess energy and helps clear the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm super stressed, I take baths, ride my bike, or turn the music up really loud and sing and dance. Vacations are also nice too. It's good to have a release at times, or else your stress will be never-ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking walks with a friend is one of my favourite things to do. I haven't had time to do that lately, both with the cold weather and the craziness in my life, but I can't wait for Spring to come so I can do that again.

    ReplyDelete